Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRTRACK with Lattice

From: dos Santos Augusto, Ricardo <rdossanto_at_bnl.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:30:23 +0000

Dear Alessandro,

Because those regions are replicated with the lattice, when you use USRTRACK (or other region-based scoring) you will in fact score in all the replicated regions as well - by the way, you can view the replicated regions using the "lattice" layer in flair.
You will indeed need a user routine to score in a single cell, one way is to employ fluscw.f* with

INCLUDE '(LTCLCM)'

and then use MLATTC==lattice number to point to the lattice cell where you want to score.

Now, for the actual track-length estimator scoring, you should define ISCRNG = 3 in the fluscw routine logic alongside a JSCRNG corresponding to the estimator number in your input.

*Note: FLUSCW is activated via USERWEIG, with WHAT(3) > 0.0

I hope this helps,
Ricardo

Ricardo dos Santos Augusto
Brookhaven National Laboratory