Re: [fluka-discuss]: Heavy ions passing through thick target almost without interaction

From: <alfredo.ferrari_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 17:35:25 +0100

Dear Anna

Thanks for your report. Indeed there was a problem when AA collisions were
performed in inverse kinematics (like 238U on C) setting a threshold for
the interaction model much higher than what it should have been.

In your example this has no consequence for 58Ni but it spoils 238U.

A fix is already ready and it will be released in a respin tomorrow at
most, together with a few other fixes/improvements.

Thanks again
  Alfredo

P.S. The Flair default for heavy ion should be changed, the DPMJET card is
useless, and the default should be better be PRECISIO, we will change it