[fluka-discuss]: Heavy ions passing through thick target almost without interaction

From: Senger, Anna Dr. <A.Senger_at_gsi.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 13:57:45 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts.
My colleague repeated her calculations with new FLUKA release September 2023. She found some inconsistency with previous results (see first page of the pdf file). I tried to investigate this issue, and found, that heavy ions passing through thick target almost without interaction (second page). I put the input, which I used for this study. I used November 2023 FLUKA version.

Could you please check, that this is valid issue, and correct it?

Best regards
Anna

PS.
Input was generated as FLAIR default input for heavy ion beams.

Dr. Anna Senger

Office KBW 2.01
Tel. +49(0)615971 1844
E-Mail A.Senger_at_gsi.de

FAIR - Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research in Europe GmbH

Planckstr. 1
64291 Darmstadt
DEUTSCHLAND