Re:

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:51:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi
Maybe you intended to simulate a Deuteron beam? In this case, you should
write in the input the name DEUTERON, not D+ .
However, the heavy ion interaction models in FLUKA are not yet reliable
enough for low energy deuterons. Work is in progress..
Paola

> Good morning Fluka experts,
> We have been trying to simulate a pencil beam D+ source hitting a natural
> Li target and count the emitted neutrons according to their energy.
> The D+ energy is 40 MeV and the Q value for the reaction is ~15MeV however
> we receive neutrons with energy up to ~400MeV.
> We attach the input, what are we doing wrong?
> wE would like to
 see how many neutrons in each energy bin reached the
> b1-b4 structures, are we doing it right?
> Thank you and have a great day
> Lior Cahana

Paola Sala
INFN Milano