Re: info about DLRDCY

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:23:59 +0100

Hi Francesca,

I am not sure if DLRDCY is the right variable. In general, the age of the
currently transported particle is carried by ATRACK. I have never printed
it for radioactive decay products myself, thus don't know exactly which
point in time age=zero refers to. Please try yourself and post any
observation in case it doesn't make sense. Also try to run in
semi-analogue mode (RADDECAY/What(1)>1) and see if it makes a difference.

Just one observation in your input: your irradiation profile includes
2400sec with zero intensity. Please note that the decay time (as defined
with DCYTIMES) refers to the end of the irradiation profile which does
include the mentioned 2400sec. No problem if this is what you want.

Cheers,
Stefan

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 fiorini_at_lns.infn.it wrote:

> Dear Fluka users,
>
> I am working on a simulation of the nuclear activation of a Cd target irradiated
> by a proton or 12C beam. Using the mgdraw routine, I would like to know if there
> is a way of measuring the time from the irradiation moment to that of the
> creation of a particle (for example photons or electrons generated by several
> decays of Cd daughter nuclei) or at least to the detection time. I tried to get
> this information from the quantity DLRDCY (contained in flukapro/(RDCYCM)), but
> this didn't work as the variable is always null or negative.
> Files attached.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Francesca

Stefan Roesler