RE: How to obtain the function of "INDLST"?

From: Dan Kirby <djk191_at_bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:00:44 -0000

Dear Hantao

I don't know anything about the INDLST function, but I have solved this
problem by writing a bash script which does this process for me. I usually
batch submit my jobs to our super cluster so I may have up to 80 nodes
running the same job broken down into smaller units. This produces of course
80 detector output files to combine with usxsuw/usbsuw, per each fortran
unit/detector. So a generalised version of the script (located and run from
$MYFLUKA) I use is as follows:

----------------
#!/bin/sh
# Combines all output files

if [ -z $1 ]; then
        echo 'Input file name:'
        read FLUKAINP
else
        FLUKAINP=$1
fi

if [ -z $2 ]; then
        echo 'Fortran unit number:'
        read unit
else
        unit=$2
fi

until [ -z $unit ]; do

## Use usbsuw/usxsuw as appropriate

$FLUPRO/flutil/usbsuw << EOF
`find *.$unit`

comb.bin
EOF

## Convert binary to ascii

$FLUPRO/flutil/usbrea << EOF
comb.bin
${FLUKAINP}.out_${unit}
EOF

echo 'Combine another unit? (enter unit or leave blank to exit)'
read unit

done

echo 'Done'

--------------

I call this script 'comb', so you can run it like this:

$> comb [input] [fortran unit]

Or pass these variables after just running 'comb'.

Some notes:
- This is for use in a BASH shell only!
- If you have lots of different jobs' outputs together in $MYFLUKA, it will
pick them all up - but presumably you'll keep jobs in separate sub
directories otherwise it is messy!
- There may be more elegant solutions, but I'm not an expert and this works
for me!

I hope this helps with your particular problem...

Dan