Re: How to combine data of different FLUKA runs

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:10:22 +0200

Hi Roger,

there are two ways in flair.

1. Create the runs in sub-folders. From version 0.7.6 you have this
possibility
    and then in the Data Process frame you mark the "Recursive"
checkbox. Then it will
    scan all sub-folders for the same pattern.

2. In the Data frame select the master run and select also the detector(s).
   You click the "fitler" button right to the file display.
   Flair will popup a dialog to enter the pattern to search. It may look
a bit confusing in the begging but the most important rules are written
in the syntax text box.
  Lets say that the auxiliary runs you created them by adding a
numerical suffix 2,3,... then modify the rule to
    +^\I\d\d\d\d_fort.\U$
The first +/- is to include or remove a file,
^ means that the pattern should match the beginning of the string
\I is substituted by flair with the filename of the input file (without
the .inp)
\d is any digit from 0-9 (I've added an extra one from the default three
digits corresponding to the cycle added by fluka)
\U is the unit number
$ means the pattern should match also the end of the string

click ok and process

WARNING you can have different patterns for each Usrxx detector. But if
you select several then only from the pattern of the first selected
detector will appear.

Best Regards
Vasilis