Re: particle production

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 23:36:44 +0200

Dear Nicolas,

as for your second point, double differential cross sections referring to
different angular intervals can be gotten by use of built-in scoring, i.e.
by different USRYIELD detectors asking for momentum as first quantity and
polar angle as second quantity (each USRYIELD allows only one scoring bin
for the second quantity). The (generalised) particle type to be scored has
to be specified. Note that asking for cross section (instead of yield) is
meaningful only in case of a thin target.
On the other hand, an event by event dump of the interaction products
requires to activate - by USERDUMP - and customize the USDRAW entry of the
mgdraw user routine. When ICODE=101, the properties (such as identity,
momentum and direction cosines) of the NP particles and NPHEAV fragments
generated in an inelastic hadronic reaction can be found in the GENSTK and
FHEAVY commons, respectively.

Best wishes

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti