Re: smallest thickness

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:46:06 -0700 (PDT)

Perhaps it is worth to add that when the multiple Coulomb scattering
and energy loss approach is not valid, FLUKA can be made to revert to
single scattering. (Command MULSOPT, see manual)
Even better, it is possible to force single scattering in all cases: MULSOPT
with SDUM=GLOBEMF or GLOBAL, WHAT(6) > 1000.
I think that with this feature, even micron thicknesses should be
acceptable, although as an extreme limit. Of course, CPU time can become
prohibitive if the electron energy is larger than a few tens of keV

Alberto

--
Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025