Re: Flair - Progress Status

From: Hee-Seock Lee <lee_at_postech.ac.kr>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:54:24 +0900

Dear Roger

There is setting command, 'Attach timeout(s)' in the project of
preferences of tools menu.
I usually modify the value to 10000 sec (Maybe default is 120 sec)
because first two running is finished before 3 hours.
At old version, it didn't affect a long-time running of 1st cycle for
running time estimation.
But at new version, I always use this setting.
I don't know exact meaning of 'Attach timeout' and the reason, but it
works. Please try!

Regards,
Hee-Seock

Vasilis Vlachoudis:
> Hi Roger,
>
> Flair is trying to peek the information on the status of the Run by
> reading the output files produced by FLUKA in the temporary directory.
> There is a timeout (set in the preferences) of a couple of minutes, when
> nothing has changed then it shows the "Timeout" message.
> This can happen in long runs, and if FLUKA is not writing any
> information. In this case click the "Attach" button and flair will
> re-attach to the current run.
>
> Cheers
> Vasilis

Hee-Seock Lee, Ph.D.
Staff Researcher                          Tel : 82-54-279-1854
Radiation Safety Team			  Fax : 82-54-279-1799
Beamline Division			  lee_at_postech.ac.kr
Pohang Accelerator Laboratory / POSTECH
San 31, Nam-gu, Pohang, Gyeongbuk, 790-784, Korea