Re: Simulation with Alpha Particle

From: <Andrea.Mairani_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:16:40 +0100 (CET)

Dear Sunil,
I would like to clarify better the following sentence:
"the energy threshold for Heavy Ions for BOTH primary particles and
secondary particles is 10 MeV/n."

When we speak about energy threshold we speak about the TRANSPORT energy
threshold and in the case of heavy ions it can be much lower than 10
MeV/n.
The code sets the TRANSPORT energy threshold of Heavy Ions using the alpha
particle one (i.e. keeping the same energy per nucleon).

The transport energy threshold for the alpha particles is set by the
DEFAULTS card and it can be overwritten using the PART-THR card.
For example if you are using the NEW-DEFA default the article transport
threshold is 10 MeV, i.e., 2.5 MeV/n for the alpha particles and for the
heavy ions.

Instead, the energy threshold for nuclear reaction of heavy ions is 100 MeV/n.

Ciao

Andrea