Re: Use of Resnucle and Part-thr

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:56:29 +0100

Dear Ogawa,

indeed you uncovered a bug since the *proton* threshold in fact interferes
even with ion transport (though it was not intended to). If the ion
kinetic energy per nucleon is below the proton threshold, only dE/dx and
possibly delta production apply (and not nuclear interactions).
Anyway, as an available solution, you can kill every particle but ions by
resetting to zero the weight WEE=ZERZER in the usrmed user routine as a
function of the particle identity IJ. Note that heavy ions, in addition to
IJ=-2, carry also IJ values less than -6, in case they are reaction
products. As you know, light ions (deuterons, tritons, 3He's and alphas)
cover the range between -3 and -6. To activate usrmed, you need a MAT-PROP
card with SDUM=USERDIRE applying to materials.

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI