Re: problem in running

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:52:38 +0100

Dear Mausumi,

it is hard to precisely identify your problem. Since the job turns out to
be killed, and not aborted, I do not think that it concerns FLUKA itself
but points at some issue regarding the way your sistem handles jobs,
perhaps due to RAM unavailability or time limit on CPU occupancy. Does the
run regularly end for less primaries?
About your input, notice that:
i. the VACUUM material definition is pointless (you are not allowed to
re-define (?!) the pre-defined VACUUM and the card is ignored)
ii. the needed LOW-MAT card associates your URANIUM with ... nothing. So
the first material in the low energy neutron cross section library is
taken, and you are going to use, for transport in natural uranium of low
energy neutrons coming from muon nuclear interactions, the cross sections
of natural hydrogen bound in water.

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti