Re: Automation and Preprocessors

From: Ali Koosha <koosha.ali_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:46:37 +0330

Thanks Nicholas and Francesco,

About the automation via an external macro programming, I must say that I'm
not familiar with "bash scripting" or other macro languages in Linux. I'm
using MS Excel with its VB Script capabilities (under the MS Win), but it is
not available in Linux :-( However a template macro program will be
appreciated :-)

About the Fluka preprocessors, my question is this: Is it possible to
preform a "loop" of distinct runs "automatically"? The example of Francesco
however was not so, because the user him/herself must manually select the
proper line of inputs. I think this is equal to commenting and uncommenting
improper and proper corresponding lines of input files. So this leads to
making a huge number of "manually" produced input files where each of them
refers to each step of simulation.

Cheers
Ali