Re: Automation and Preprocessors

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:47:03 +0200

Dear Ali,

as you mention, FLUKA preprocessing might be a viable solution, allowing
to activate alternative (groups of) input cards according to an IF
structure. Basic documentation is available on pages 26-27 of the course
introductory lecture
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/mumbai2009/Lectures/BasicInput1009.pdf

Moreover, Flair fully supports it. In particular, in the Run frame you can
clone your input (already incorporating the preprocessing structure) and
for each copy, suitably renamed, activate a different set of preprocessing
variables, appearing in the Defines list. The respective output files can
be then automatically grouped and processed in the dedicated frames.

Hope this somehow helps

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI