Re: Normalizatio/Unit of DETECT card

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:35:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
Thanks for the files.
The "normalization" with numbers of the order of 10^(-40) comes from the
fact that in your detect.f the integer counts are written with an
exponential format. If you change to, for instance , I10 format they will
look far more reasonable.
For what concerns the comparison with MCNP : I'm not a mcnp user, but it
seems to me that you are comparing spectra obtained with very different
settings. For instance, the mcnp input uses the default isotropic point
source, while in the fluka input there is a pencil beam. I do not know
which are the default thresholds in mcnp, but if you wish to see the x-ray
escape peak in fluka you should set a low threshold with the EMFCUT cards
(both production and transport).
Please check that all the other input conditions are the same before
comparing results, I've not enough experience in mncp to find all out.
Hope this helps
Paola

> Hello,
> Thanks for your attention. The following link contains my comparison
> between
> Fluka and MCNP.
>
> Regards
> Ali Koosha