Re: Projectile fragment scoring

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 00:56:16 +0200

Dear Ogawa,

the usdraw entry of mgdraw is in fact a valid solution to extract all the
info you wish. But your version is messed up by the conditions on IBRES
and ICRES you added. For the ion nuclear reactions you care about
(ICODE=101), the produced fragments are stored in FHEAVY, and the content
of the IBRES and ICRES (and EKRES) variables is meaningless. If you just
remove them from your IF statement, you will see nice projectile fragments
at the production point, provided that you correct the further mistake
concerning the inspection of the ICHEAV and IBHEAV arrays, the index of
which is KHEAVY(IEVAP) and not IEVAP (whereas TKHEAV(IEVAP) is correct).

As a minor general remark, note that, as you divide a real number by an
integer, you do not need to transform the latter into a real, because the
code will do it for you adopting the same precision format of the real. On
the contrary, putting the integer as real in simple precision, the
possible double precision of the original real gets jeopardized.

Finally, a good surprise: USRYIELD indeed already allows you to score as a
function of the ion mass number, through the - not documented - code 28 in
WHAT(1), just giving the baryonic charge of the particle.

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI