Re: x-ray depth dose distribution

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:47:21 -0800 (PST)

Dear Justin,

you have set EMFCUT with SUM=PROD-CUT (production threshold) but
not also with SDUM = blank (transport threshold).
In addition you have set the photon threshold with a negative sign,
while this needs to be done only for electrons (to distinguish
total energy from kinetic energy). For photons, total and kinetic
energy are the same, and the threshold must be set to a positive value.
The result was that you had a photon transport threshold with the default
value of 333 keV, and all photons were killed as soon as they entered the
water region.
If you change the present EMFCUT command with the following:

EMFCUT -1.0E-6 1.0E-6 0.0 3.0 26.0 PROD-CUT
EMFCUT -1.0E-6 1.0E-6 0.0 1.0 3.0
(remember that the production threshold is given by material, while
the transport threshold is given by region),

you will get energy deposition in all the bins.

Best regards,

Alberto