RE: Question about low energy limit of light ions

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:22:39 +0000

Dear Martin,

I have discussed your question with my colleague Francesco Cerutti and you
can see his remarks which might be of interest to you in the email below.
Hope it helps and that you can wait for the next FLUKA release !
Joachim

Hi Joachim,

actually the *transport* limit for deuterons, as for all hadrons but neutrons,
can go down to 1KeV or so (through PART-THR). However, one should have
in mind that the nuclear part of stopping power, relevant at low energy, is
  not taken into account in the presently released version (whereas it will
become available with the coming release). On the other hand, we do not have
yet a suitable *interaction* model for deuterons below 100Mev/n (they have quite specific
features, as stripping), so no nuclear interaction is performed. Indeed the lack of deuteron
inelastic interactions was already debated on the list in the past

Ciao

Francesco