RE: Help in installing FLUKA with Ubuntu

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:35:54 -0800

Yes you can install FLUKA on ubuntu, but you need to get g77 compiler prior to that.

It seems, however, that g77 is not even at the standard ubuntu repositores
(like gfortran).
So you need to add a path to it in your /etc/apt/sources.list (if you use aptitude).
You can look for more information in Ubuntu forums, here's what I found:

## added for g77 and g++-4.3
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hardy main universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hardy main
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hardy-updates main universe