Re: Dosimetry simulations : composition of materials of interest and results ?

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 06:09:42 -0700 (PDT)

Bonjour Sebastien,

I cannot answer all your questions, but I have found a bit of information
that can help you.

Wikipedia: Molecular formula of ABS: (C_8 H_8 · C_4 H_6 · C_3 H_3 N)_n
http://www.dynalabcorp.com/technical_info_abs.asp: Specific Gravity: 1.04

That should allow you to define a compound:

MATERIAL 0.0 0.0 1.04 0.0 0.0 0.0 ABS
COMPOUND 15.0 CARBON 17.0 HYDROGEN 1.0 NITROGEN ABS

CERN RPL:
http://www.oecd-nea.org/science/shielding/sinbad/rosti/rosti.htm
Schott-Jenner DOS2 Radiophotoluminescent dosimeters (RPL): glass rods 0.6 cm
long and with a 0.1 cm diameter, read with a Toshiba FGD-6 reader. The
composition is the following (in weight %): O-53.7%, P-33.4%, Al-4.6%, AG-3.7%,
Li-3.7%, B-0.9%
(same info in
http://www.iaea.org/inis/collection/NCLCollectionStore/_Public/28/008/28008510.pdf

The sheet doesn't report the RPL density, but if you ask the NEA Data Bank
to give you the FLUKA input files of the Roesti Experiment in the SINBAD
data base (files that I don't have anymore) maybe you can find it there).
I guess you can assume the same density as aluminium.

Alberto