Re: USRBIN-spherical shell

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:35:36 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Mausumi,

for your problem -spherical geometry of the target and cylindrical
symmetry of the secondary radiation fields - you want correctly use a
USRBIN with a R-Phi-Z mesh. To see how to write it you can look at this
lecture:

https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/heidelberg2011/Lectures/Scoring0311.pdf

>From pag.12 you can find an example I think very useful in your case. From
this example you can also learn how to optimize R and Z bin dimensions
according with your geometry (i.a. the thickness of your shells).

You can also use USRBIN to calculate the averaged dose-eq in each shell
(in this case you have to score per region), but I don't think this is
useful for you: your problem needs the knowledge of the dose equivalent
behaviour in z.

Hope it helps,
regards,

Anna