Re: Scoring dose equivalent by USRBDX and USRTRACK

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:05:34 -0400

Dear Hamideh,

USRBDX is a boundary crossing fluence or current estimator, which gives
results per cm2, per GeV, per steradian, per primary. The note at the
bottom of the USRBDX page in the FLUKA manual has an example of how to
correctly normalize results.
USRTRACK is a track-length fluence estimator, which gives results per
cm2, per GeV, per primary. There is a note discussing this at the bottom
of USRTRACK page in the manual.
Also, other than the 2pi (or 4pi) correction, the comparison depends on
the geometry and whether USRBDX was used to score one-way or two-way,
current or fluence (comparing fluence would make sense, since that is
what USRTRACK is used for as well). Please, attach the input file for
more clarity.

Cheers,
   -George

--
George Kharashvili                     | Tel: +1 (757) 269-6435
Radiation Control Dept., Jefferson Lab | Fax: +1 (757) 269-6050