RE: Scoring dose equivalent by USRBDX and USRTRACK

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:19:41 +0000

Dear Hamideh
How big is the difference ? In the case of USRTRACK you are scoring the
fluence using a track length estimator. The fluence is calculated by summing
all tracks (weighted with dose conversion factor in you specific case) inside
the region of interest and dividing by its volume (which has to be indicated
in the USRTRACK card).
With the USRBDX you are scoring the fluence by "counting" particles crossing
the surface (also you must input the right surface in the input card). For
example if your box is filled with a highly absorbing media and you are
scoring particles entering the box (USRBDX) and USRTRACK (inside the box
based on track lengths) the later may give a lower value but this is hard to
judge without your input and could explain the difference.
Best regards
Joachim Vollaire