Re: TCQUENCH

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:12:36 +0200 (CEST)

Your USRBIN is correct, the problem is that you are checking in the wrong
place. I imagine that in the comscw routine you are looking at the Rull
variable, but when this variable enter in the comscw routine is not yet
weighted with the correction (see the manual, 13.2.2:

"RULL : amount to be deposited (unweighted)" ).

The comscw is not conceived to check the variables after the correction
(there is another way to do that) but to allow the setting of a new weight
by the user, according with his needs.
To see the effect of the quenching on the USRBIN results you can obviously
compare two URSBIN, where you have applied TCQUENCH only to one of the
two.

If you want to go in more detail you can follow another way and use the
mgdraw routine: there you can access the energy depositions (continous
energy depositions at the MGDRAW calls and local at the ENDRAW calls) also
with the quenching (see after the call at QUENMG).
Attention: if you want to follow this way you have to add a line in the
input file, giving in input the Birks parameters not only via TCQUENCH but
also via the card USERDUMP with sdum= UDQUENCH (see manual).

That's all I think.
Regards

Anna

Anna Ferrari