Discarding particles

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:44:13 -0700

In a beam-line simulation, we have a region for a magnetic field to
sweep out charged particles. Rather than setting up the input for
that, I want simply to discard any charged particle that enters the
region. In the boundary-crossing section of mgdraw.f (which I use for
other purposes), I can get the electric charge for any particle that
enters the region.

How do I tell Fluka to stop tracking that particle and go on to the next
one (secondary or primary)? I found a variable Lpkill, but I'm not sure
if it applies to all particles, hadronic and electromagnetic. I do not
want to discard charged particles everywhere (e.g., downstream of the
region), just those that enter the region.

Thank you.
Joe Comfort