Re: Normalisation in USRBDX and USRYIELD plus discrepancies in

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:10:01 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Tomasz,

Lucia already commented your input file, observing that you have to
score the same quantities if you want to compare USRBDX and USRYIELD
results: if you need to score fluence then you use what(1)=101. in
USRBDX and double differential particle fluence yield in USRYIELD, if
you need to score just the number of particles exiting your surface in
the selected angular interval then you score current in USRBDX (using
what(1)=1.) and plain double differential yield in USRYIELD.

I would like to add a comment about the normalization you used.
Since you put in attachment your []tab.lis files, I think you used these
data as starting point of your analysis (I usually do the same, I
imagine you produced the []tab.lis files inside FLAIR, which is the
fastef way). The []tab.lis files are, however, results of a
post-processing program and for USRBDX have a different normalization
from the FLUKA output files! As you can read in the header of the
[]tab.lis file, the results are now
"integrated over the solid angle". This means that you get the results
in "particles/GeV/cm2 per primary" and not anymore per steradian, then
in your case you don't have to multiply by 2pi.

I'm confident that with the right normalization and the right setting of
the scored quantities your comparison will look better...

Best regards,

Anna