Re: Problems with LOW-BIAS card

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:45:31 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Danny,
thank you for your mail,
indeed there is a small bug in the code:
the check on the LOW-BIAS cut-off is not
applied at the first step after a boundary crossing.
This could also be the source of the problems experienced
by Mina Nozar : neutrons are killed only *after* the first interaction or
scattering in a new region.
Note that neutrons that are generated INSIDE the region to which LAM-BIAS
is applied, either by source or by interactions, are IMMEDIATELY checked.
The problem is there ONLY for neutrons coming from a non-cut region and
entering into a cut region, and only for the first step.

The bug has been solved, the patched version will be available with the
next respin.
Ciao
Paola

************************
Dear FLUKA users,

Hi,everyone.I have some trouble when I am using LOW-BIAS card.I have
defined a neutron source and 2 regions stuffed with Cobalt.The radium of
the source is big enough to cover the regions.I want to emit the
neutrons entering the region called "target",while neutrons entering
another region called "t" can just go through.The cut-off energy set in
the LOW-BIAS card is higher than the source energy set in the BEAM
card.However,neutrons can be detected in both regions.There must be some
problems in it.The input and output files are attached to this letter.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Yours,
Danny

Paola Sala