Re: Problems with LOW-BIAS card

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:56:07 -0700

Dear Paola and Danny,

This is indeed the case for us. The depleted Uranium Oxide (d_UO2) target
is enclosed by a Tallium container and the proton beam passes through the
thin Ta container window (0.38 mm in thickness) before impinging on the
d_UO2 target. In the Fluka input setup, I did not have the LOW_BIAS
energy
cutoff applied to both regions and only to the d_UO2 region. So, the
neutron flux distribution crossing the boundary (from Ta to d_UO2) are
secondary neutrons produced in the Ta container. The neutron flux in the
target scored via the USRTRACK estimator shows a similar distribution.

Paolo, from your explanation, it seems that I would not have seen the
behaviour had I applied the LOW-BIAS energy cutoff to both regions. Is
this true? I can run a quick test to check.

Thank you very much for investigating this,
Mina