Re: Scintillation counting

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:42:48 +0200

Dear Oleg,

production and transport of scintillation photons are possible in
FLUKA, but the user needs to provide most of the necessary information.

Production is requested by command OPT-PROD (see the manual) with
SDUM = SCINTILL, indicating a maximum of 3 single emission energies
(alternately SDUM = SCINT-WV, indicating a maximum of 3 photon wavelengths,
or SDUM = SCINT-OM, indicating a maximum of 3 photon angular frequencies).
The user must give, per material, the fraction of deposited energy going into
the 3 photon energies/wavelengths/frequencies and the time constant of
scintillation light

Optical photon transport is regulated by command OPT-PROP. The user must
provide various optical quantities (refraction index, absorption coefficient
etc.) as a function of material. Several user routines are available
to define them. See on the manual the full description of the command and a few
examples.

Alberto