Re: Is it possible to discard beam particles past a certain region?

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mina,

yes, it is possible to stop the electrons (but all electrons, you cannot
discriminate between primaries and secondaries) when they enter a given region.
Set the electron transport cutoff very high in that region: higher than the
beam energy. Use for this purpose the EMFCUT command with SDUM blank, and set
WHAT(1) higher than the BEAM energy. If necessary, split one of the regions into
two parts, if you want to stop the electrons only in one of them.

Using the same command, make instead WHAT(2) about 6 MeV in all 238U regions:
you don't want to stop the photons, but neither you want to track photons which
are below the threshold for nuclear interactions (6.2 MeV for 238U).

Regards,

Alberto