Re: How to know about the energy of parent particles?

From: Hantao Jing <jinght_at_mail.ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:15:13 +0800

Dear Dr. Mary Chin,
          Firstly thank you very much for your suggestion!
          These days, I am learn the FLUKA manual about files of
mgdraw.f, stupre.f and struprf.f, referred by
Giuseppe Battistoni.
          When the proton beam bombards the target (usually carbon
target), many positive pions with low energy will swarm on the
surface of target. Because the target can slow down the pions, the
energy of pions can be at rest. If these rest pions
decay to muons, we usually call these muons the 'surface muons'. The
energy of surface muon is about 4.1MeV and 100% polarized.
Obviously, If a high energy muon slow down by the target, it energy
maybe is 4.1MeV, but not polarized. So In FLUKA simulation,
If I want to distinguish the surface muon and slow-down muon, I need to
recorder the information of parent pions for every muons.
           When I can succeed on the simulation, I will share it with
every one. If I meet problem and email to you, please don't mind.
           It is kind of you, thank you again.

With my best regards,
                               Hantao Jing
                              2011-9-5