Re: Activation by photons(low MeV)

From: Patrick Dethlof <patrick.dethlof_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:19:16 +0200

Hello everybody,

i add a lam-bias card and got some nuclide but i did not get the
nuclide a expected. I am irradiating bone with a 15MV spectrum i want
to get K-38, K-40 and C-11.

The only nuclide i got is K-40 and in the real measurment it was
indeed very low like in my simulation.

The problem is, that i did not get K-38 and C-11.

One time i forgot to add the source card so that i was irradiating
with 20MeV Photons and this time i got additional the C-11 nuclide.
but the real measurement was with the 15MV spectrum.

About the K-38 i am quiet unsure if it is a nuclide of bone or if
there might be rest of meat in or at the bone because i did not do the
measurments.

Thanks for your help

Patrick