Re: Question about the prompt spectrum of iron for 14MeV

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:02:17 +0200

incident neutron
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Dear Z.F. Lee
you know that FLUKA makes use for neutrons below 20 MeV of
the multigroup transport approach (260 fixed energy bins, starting
from thermal energies).
This approach also includes the production in (n,gamma) reactions
for which a structure of 42 energy groups is provided for
photons in the range 0-50 MeV.
All this is described in chapter 10 of the manual, where you
also find the energy limits of both neutron and photon groups.

Coming at your case:
Using 14 MeV neutrons projectiles, by mean of FLUKA you will obtain
only photons generated by energy groups, with the only exception
of 511 KeV photons from e+ annihilation.

        Giuseppe Battistoni