Re: Question about source definition

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:12:03 +0100

The SOURCE card in itself is not sufficient. It enables the call of a user-written source routine.
In such a routine you have to sample a random position in space inside your cylinder,
sample a random direction in space, assign energy or momentum.
User routines are described in chapter 13 of FLUKA manual. In particular
there are instruction on source.f use in 13.2.19

However, in order to make life easier, in recent times we have included in FLUKA
some built-in sources for special cases. Among them there is the cylindrical source case.
This is activated not by SOURCE, but by a combination of BEAM and BEAMPOS commands.

a) see in the manual the description of BEAMPOS command, looking in particular
for the case in which SDUM=CYLI-VOL
b) also study the BEAM command for the case of isotropic angular emission.
c) see the lecture from the FLUKA advanced course of 2010 about Source implementation
and built-in sources:
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/portugal2010/Lectures/AdvancedSources2010.pdf

        Giuseppe Battistoni

--