Re: Fluka_neutron_fluence_always_zero

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:35:41 -0800 (PST)

Dear Vahan,

to get neutrons and protons with an incident electron beam, you need to
switch on photonuclear reactions in the materials present:
PHOTONUC 1.0 0.0 0.0 OXYGEN COPPER
And since photonuclear reactions have a very small cross section compared
to other photon reactions, you need also to bias the photon hadronic
mean free path:
LAM-BIAS 0.0 0.02 1.0 PHOTON

Look up these two commands in the manual to understand better how they
are used.

You say also that you cannot get photon fluence. Your input is set for protons,
not photons, so the above explanation is valid.
To calculate photon fluences, you cannot use USRCOLL: it can be used only for
neutrons and hadrons. Use USRTRACK instead.

Alberto