RE: RE: Can FLUKA (or flair ) be used to caculate region volumes?

From: walker <wdx456_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:49:42 +0800

Thanks, Chris!
I found the 'Quasi-Monte Carlo' option and it even got a more accurate result than the 'Geometric' option sometimes. However, it still fails to get the right volume of a
rendering-artefacts model I've got. Part of the FLUKA input of the model is as following:

GEOBEGIN
*Titile card
    0 0 A small test

*description of fluka bodies
ZCC B1 0.0000000 0.0000000 10.0000000
YZP B2 10.0000000
XYP B3 0.0000000
XZP B4 10.0000000
XYP B5 10.0000000
XZP B6 0.0000000
YZP B7 0.0000000

END
*description of fluka regions
R1 5 -B1 +B2 -B3 +B4 +B5 -B6 -B7

END
GEOEND
The Region R1 is the boolean result of a a RPP ( which is formed by six planes instead) subtracting ZCC.

Case1: When R1 is descriped by a RPP subtracting a ZCC, the rendering and volume caculation is OK, as following cut:

Case2: When R1 is described by boolean operations of the 6 planes(of the RPP) and the ZCC like the input showed above,there are rendering and caculation problems :

So in this simple example, the problem can be avoided by using RPP instead of containing planes. Yet, there are other situations in which lots of planes or other bodies
(which can't be replaced with RPPs or so) exist with the rendering and caculation problem showed above.

Then, is there any way to avoid the problem?

Best regards

Walker