Re: energy deposition and dose calculation

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:35:31 +0200

Dear Zafar

I have run your input and obtain data in the USRBIN detectors already
after 20000 primaries. However, please note that you only score non-zero
dose in the few bins that overlap with the target. Most bins of your
scoring cover vacuum where energy deposition has to be zero by definition.

In order to score fluence at a distance you could define a region at the
location of interest (consisting of the same material as the areas
around, i.e. just for scoring purposes) and use a USRTRACK detector.

Alternatively, if you are interested only in energy-integrated fluence,
you could score fluence with USRBIN. In this case you don't have to define
a region since USRBIN scoring is region-independent.

Cheers
Stefan