Re: [FLUKA] Secondary electron emission

From: Stefano Sinigardi <Stefano.Sinigardi_at_bo.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:09:33 +0200

Sorry for being so pedantic: so to have the number of electrons that are
produced "one-way", between 1 keV and 100 keV, without angular binning,
I'm using

USRBDX 001. ELECTRON 57. TARGET VACARND 1.0ELEC
USRBDX 1.0E-04 1.0E-06 100.0 6.283185 0.0 1.0&

and at the beginning I have defined
DEFAULTS PRECISIO
EMFCUT -1E-06 1E-6 0.0 VACUUM COPPER 1.0PROD-CUT
DELTARAY 1.0E-6 VACUUM COPPER 1.0PRINT

And then I'm multiplying every result in the *_fort.57 file by 2pi, the
bin energy width (~10E-06 in this case) and the number of primary particles.
Summing everything up is what I consider the number of delta electrons
produced by that number of incoming pp.
Am I ok? Because I have to compare these numbers and their progression
(as a function of the energy) with some results that I received,
obtained some time ago using GEANT3. Of course I'm not looking for 1:1
numerical identity, but at least a similarity and at the moment I do not
have that.
I'm not a radiation physicist, just to be clear as why I'm so
"embarrassed" in using this software. I'm just doing this little work
for the group (we're just exploring an idea to solve some problems in
plasma physics) but I have to learn everything from the ground up.

Thanks a lot for your great support

       Stefano