Re: Question on Activity units

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:58:21 -0700

Thank you Alberto,

I understand the concept of normalization. The main reason I asked this question is that in other cases (for instance
when scoring fluence or dose rate) this explanation does not apply since the fluence definition entails division by a
volume and dose rate is calculated from fluence. In those cases, one has to provide the volume of the region(s) of
interest. In the case of activity, volume is merely a normalization factor.

Best wishes,
Mina