Re: isomer nuclei of Am-242m

From: sarchia <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:08:54 +0200

Dear Oleg,

it is possible to simulate the radiation from your source.
In principle, when you have a radioactive isotope it should be possible
to define it in the input file through the 3 following cards:
- BEAM, selecting ISOTOPE in the SDUM
- HI-PROPE, defining atomic and mass numbers of you isotope
- RADDECAY, to activate the radioactive decay of the isotope

Since your question concerns a metastable isotope (and maybe this is not
implemented yet), you can write a source routine where you sample
particles and related energies, according to the decay mode, from a
known spectrum. A good example for this can be found here:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2600.html

I hope this can help,

Lucia