Re: Score of steady neutron fluence

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:41:59 +0200

Dear Guojun Hu

what you get from FLUKA is neutron fluence per primary event [cm-2], where
the latter is an impinging beam particle, the emission of a neutron from
your own source, a cosmic ray, (a decaying isotope, which however in
FLUKA will not produce neutrons) or the interaction between two colliding
particles, etc
Now, if your neutron source has a given rate [emitted neutrons per
second, i.e. s-1], you have just to multiply as postprocessing stage the
above FLUKA result by that rate, getting your steady neutron fluence [cm-2
s-1].

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti