RE: About Low energy neutron xsec not found

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:10:36 -0700

Hola Jesus,

As you realized fluka gets in trouble when it looks for the low energy
neutron cross section for the material that you defined, THORIUM (?).

If you check in www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=3Dman_onl&sub=3D96 and scroll
down to almost the end of the page, in section 10.4.1.2 you have the list of
materials for which low energy neutron cross sections are available. Try
using material names just as written there, for instance 230-TH.

In general, if your material is not there you can first check that you have
the latest fluka version, then use the LOW-MAT command to associate a cross
section of another material. Of course, the latter option avoids the code
to crash, which may be OK in some cases, but doesn't solve the problem if
you really need to use the appropriate data.

Mario