RE: problem with running FLUKA

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 00:18:06 +0200

> Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have registered at the
> FLUKA website and get mails regarding new releases and the FLUKA
> schools, but may be I have to register to the fluka-discuss group
> separately ?

yes, you have to

> I understand the error now. So, what is the solution ? Should I disable
> those EMF cards which have -1 in the third column or just replace -1 by
> 0 ? I tried disabling all EMF cards, but that ends up in other errors.

Setting explicitly the EM thresholds by EMFCUT is recommended, of course
this has to be done adopting physics-driven values. So, if your
EMFCUT cards have been intentionally introduced according to physics
considerations, there is no reason to remove them, and you just have to
change WHAT(3)=-1.0 into 0.0, either manually or even by Flair. Otherwise,
FLUKA has default values which are printed in the output file, and one
can adopt them if they suit his/her case. Anyway the absence of EMFCUT
cards cannot be itself a cause for running errors

Ciao

Francesco