Re: Transport of decay particles

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:20:01 +0200

Hallo

you are referring to decay in the activation study mode (associated to a
cooling times list), not to the semi-analogue mode.
In that case, at the end of each primary history, the produced
radioisotopes are let decay (by default three times each, as in WHAT(3) of
RADDECAY) down to the end of their decay chain. All the so generated
electromagnetic particles are transported (with materials in the geometry
transformed into vacuum or blackhole on request), irrespective of the
input cooling times. At scoring, an analytical weight accounting for the
activity of the emitting radionuclide (the one emitting the gamma/beta
particles under consideration, not necessarily the original one first in
the chain) at the requested cooling time, is applied.

Best

Francesco