RE: problem with running FLUKA

From: Sudeshna Banerjee <Sudeshna.Banerjee_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:11:07 +0200

Hi Francesco,

        Sorry for disturbing you again. I have sent a request to register in the fluka-discuss group two days ago, but still have
not heard anything. I tried what you suggested for the EMF cards. Here are the results.

Still not able to read the EMF cards

Original problem:
CMSpp001.out file has these lines at the end -
  ***** Next control card ***** MAT-PROP 0.000 0.000 366.0
79.00 0.000 0.000
  ***** Next control card ***** STERNHEI 5.987 0.4585 3.678 7
.1650E-02 3.443 0.1400 79
  ***** Next control card ***** EMFCUT -3.0000E-05 3.0000E-06 0.000
1.000 633.0 0.000
  ***** Next control card ***** EMFCUT -1.0000E-04 3.0000E-05 -1.000
2.000 0.000 0.000

  Setting EMF leading particle biasing with What(3) of EMFCUT is deprecated!
  If you really want EMF leading particle biasing use the EMF-BIAS card instead

The file nohup.out has the lines

$TARGET_MACHINE = Linux
$FLUPRO = /tmp/sudeshna/fluka
$PEMF = /tmp/sudeshna/fluka/libec_thihecufealw_10t.pemf

This shows that the PEMF variable is set correctly, then why does it complain about the EMFCUT. Seems like it is not able to read
the file correctly due to a format problem ?
-----------------
Now:
I then changed all the -1.0 to 0.0 for the EMF cards in my CMS.inp file, but then the program complains about the EMF cards ending
with 1.0. I changed all the 1.0 to 0.0, but now the error message is

WARNING: Invalid what(s)= [1, 3]
EMFCUT 1E-8 5E-7 254. RBCM1F RBCM1F
WARNING: Invalid what(s)= [1, 3]
EMFCUT 1E-8 5E-7 254. RBCM1L RBCM1L
WARNING: Invalid what(s)= [1, 3]
EMFCUT 1E-8 5E-7 254. RBCM2i RBCM2i
WARNING: Invalid what(s)= [1, 3]
EMFCUT 1E-8 5E-7 254. RBCM2o RBCM2o

CMSpp001.out has the lines

***** Next control card ***** EMFCUT -3.0000E-04 1.0000E-04 0.000 90.00 0.000 0.000
  ***** Next control card ***** EMFCUT -3.0000E-04 1.0000E-04 0.000 93.00 94.00 0.000
  ***** Next control card ***** EMFCUT -3.0000E-04 1.0000E-04 0.000 95.00 96.00 0.000

  *** Unable to resolve name element R064 in card ***
  EMFCUT -0.0003 0.0001 0.0 R064a
  *** run stopped ***

But R064a is defined in CMS.inp
So, why are the EMF cards still not read properly ?.

Thanks for all your help.

Sudeshna