Re: Problem with reading external source data

From: Mohammad Islam <rafiqul.islam_at_okstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:47:07 -0600

Dear Paola,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not familiar with fortran but
unfortunately this problem required a little bit (or more) of fortran
coding. I tried to get help from already discussed problem in the
discussion site and tried to adopt those in my case. These fluscw.f or
source.f code is taken from the discussion website.

This is a two step problem (suggested by Dr. Stefan ). In step one, I tried
to run a fluka code and generate an external file (test.dat) using USRBDX
with the help of fluscw_step1.f routine. This file contains all the
particles entering from one region (air) to another (phantom). Then I ran
this file through MATLAB to get rid of neutrons (Particle ID 8). There
might be a easier way to get rid of the neutrons and write particles info
into an external file, which I dont know. After that I tried to run these
external source particles (without neutron) file using the source.f. But I
never succeed. Also, I dont know why the kinetic energy is negative?

I am attaching the step 1 fluka input and fluscw.f file, the input I used
to generate the files that contain all external particles. Would you please
help me to solve this problem. I vastly appreciate any kind of help.

Sincerely
Mohammad Rafiqul Islam
Oklahoma State Univeristy
USA