Liquid scintillator efficiency

From: beatrice pomaro <pomaro_at_dic.unipd.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:57:17 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,

       I am analyzing the efficiency of a liquid scintillator and I
can not understand why at varying the energy of the incident neutron
beam, I do not obtain the same neutron fluence at the region of the
scinitillator.

By integration of the neutron spectrum there (from a USRTRACK score)
I obtain in fact a varying neutron fluence, though not expected:

from 5.9*10^-3 at 4MeV to 7.37*10^-3 at 20 MeV of neutron energy.

Can you tell me what is wrong with the analysis (in attachment)? I
would like to score efficiency as: integrated proton
fluence/integrated neutron fluence (at varying neutron energies) but
I do not obtain realistic results, probably due to this mismatch.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely

Beatrice

Ing. Beatrice Pomaro

Universita' degli Studi di Padova
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale
Via F. Marzolo, 9 - 35131 Padova (Italy)
tel.: +39 049 8275605
e-mail: beatrice.pomaro_at_dicea.unipd.it