Re: Fluka 2011.2b supported compilers

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 09:07:31 +0200

Hi

the "beta" is no longer true, the "tentative" is unfortunately correct.

The issues are all on the compiler (gfortran) side. Up to gfortran-4.5
included we have found critical routines miscompiled. If Debian, RHEL are
sticking with a (old) compiler version which is unable to compile
correctly valid fortran code this is unfortunately nothing we can solve
from our side. As far as I know at least RHEL is providing a fully
functional g77. From our experience, as of today, gfortran 4.6 and 4.7 as
provided by Fedora did not (yet...) show any miscompilation wrt Fluka.

The g77 version is provided as a backup solution for those cases, or
anyway as a robust, stable, well tested solution. Since g77 is frozen
since years it does not undergo frequent changes and it is (relatively)
more bug free wrt gfortran.

                        Ciao
                       Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |