SPECSOUR GCR-IONF, beam def and access to primary particle with mgdraw

From: Pierre-Simon MANGEARD <psmangeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:27:14 +0700

Dear Fluka experts,

I am interesting in simulating the secondary cosmic particles on the top of
our neutron monitor in thailand. I started my work from the example in the
gcrtools directory and from the example input file :
gcrExampleAllParticle.inp.

I modified the atmloc_2011.f file in order to create geometry file with an
atmosphere of 100 layers without taking into account the truncated cones
and side layers (rigidity cutoff here is around 16 and the macro doesnt
handle more than 59.6/4 =14.9).
I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the size of the BEAM
defined by SPECSOUR to 1cm^2 for a given lattitude and longitude. Does ALAM
and PHIM written in atmloc.sur are effectively used by the SPECSOUR
routine?. As far i understand (tell me if i am wrong), the default size of
the beam corresponds to the area of the first top atmospheric layer
(usually defined by the truncated cones around the specific location).

Moreover I would like to access the primary particles information modifying
mgdraw. How can I do that? It seems that IJHION variable from (BEAMCM) are
not accessible (at least i can't access it). IJBeam corresponds to the
particle i put in BEAM card before calling the card SPECSOUR. How can i
access the information once the Beam card data has been overwritten by
SPECSOUR?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Space Physics and Energetic Particles Research
Department Of Physics
Faculty of Sciences
Mahidol University
Bangkok, Thailand